There’s so many reasons to fall in love with autumn! Crisp air and colorful foliage, carving pumpkins with friends, cheering on your favorite football team, and passing out candy to miniature monsters. And while the COVID-19 pandemic will change many of these activities, there’s still plenty left to celebrate! With a few modifications, you can enjoy the festive fall season to its fullest. This fall bucket list will help get you started.
1. Host a horror movie marathon. 1 … 2 … Freddy’s coming for you!
2. Plan a costume party for your household, or with friends and extended family over a video call.
3. Pick apples at your favorite local farms.
4. … then bake an apple pie or make caramel apples!
5. Cultivate creativity by carving pumpkins. Add some healthy competition between friends and family either with an outdoor contest or one through photo or video.
7. Go on, jump into that leaf pile! We’re all kids at heart.
8. Ask your friends to go on a walk or hike to take in the fabulous foliage.
9. Lay outside and stargaze. Don’t forget a cozy sweater!
10. Throw a football with your family. Down, set … hike!
11. Indulge in pumpkin spice: donuts, coffee and sweets galore!
12. Roast marshmallows and tell stories around a campfire.
13. Watch It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, and A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. Embrace the nostalgia!
14. Adventure through a corn maze, where there’s plenty of space to keep your distance from others.
15. Go on a bike ride at a local or state park.
16. Shop at a farmer’s market. Score fresh vegetables and a hand-crafted decoration.
17. Read a book outside. Relish the cool breeze ruffling the pages and your hair!
18. Settle your plants in for a long winter’s nap. Check out our tips for preparing your garden for winter.
19. Have a Halloween movie marathon! Tim Burton, anyone?!
20. Give thanks and spread kindness. Happy autumn, everyone!