Congratulations — you’re pregnant! You have a lot to celebrate and look forward to over the next few months. There’s also a lot you probably want to learn as your baby grows and you grow with her. Thanks to technology, there are thousands of pregnancy apps to help you put your wait time to work.
Whether you want to track by day, week or month, get help choosing a name or connect with other parents-to-be, there’s an app for that — and more. These are a few of the top iPhone and Android pregnancy apps moms have rated at least a 4.5 out of 5.
If numbers and charts are your thing, this app is the master at tracking and documenting all kinds of information about you and your growing baby. Customizable forums let you connect with other parents around the world.
- Birth date countdown
- Weekly details and illustrations of your baby’s size, weight and development
- Common symptoms, cravings and body changes moms can expect each week
- Daily weight and waist measurement tracker
- Mood and symptoms tracker
- Kick and contraction counter
This app uses your data to customize your experience. Log health and activity information, and you’ll receive alerts and information on how your habits affect your health.
- Daily updates on your baby’s development
- Doctor’s appointments tracker
- Good-health habit log (taking prenatal vitamins, practicing Kegels, etc.)
- Thousands of articles
- Emailable charts and trackers
- Community forums to connect with other moms-to-be
This is another app that uses your data to provide personalized information. You’ll receive daily feedback as you track your weight, sleep, moods and symptoms. You can track your baby’s growth with tiny hand- and foot-size illustrations. The app is updated every few weeks based on feedback from users.
- Daily updates on your pregnancy and your baby’s development
- Important health alerts for pregnancy-based on analysis of your data
- Due date calculator and countdown
- Symptoms lookup
- Safe medication and food lookup
- Weight, symptoms, nutrition, sleep, exercise and mood tracker
- Articles and tips for the fourth trimester — after baby’s birth
This app shows a baby’s weekly development with an animated video, 2-D or 3-D ultrasound. You can get another idea of your baby’s size with comparisons to similarly sized food. In-app shopping lists and journals help you get ready for your baby’s arrival.
- Daily pregnancy information
- Diet, exercise and labor information
- Kick counter and contraction timer
- Doctor appointments’ log
- Over 1,000 baby names
- Customizable for dads, grandparents or other family members
5. WebMD Pregnancy (iPhone) — Free
This is a favorite app of first-time moms, thanks to its Pregnancy 101 page. You’ll find straightforward, doctor-approved articles, videos and more. Learn about nutrition, common symptoms and safety tips.
- Week-by-week tracking of baby’s development and changes in your body
- Symptom, weight and blood pressure tracker
- Checklists, reminders and notes
- Kick counter and contraction timer
- Twin-specific profile and information
- Belly photo album to track your growing belly
This app comes from the people known for the old-school pregnancy tracker: What to Expect When Expecting. (For those of you too young to remember, it’s a book!) This digital version includes hourly, daily and monthly tracking of your baby’s development. It also offers emotional support with daily reasons to smile — a great reminder on those days your back aches, feet swell and Baby just won’t move off your bladder!
- Personalized information based on your due date
- Baby’s development tracker with growth measured in fruit sizes
- Updates on your changing body
- Due date countdown
- Daily newsfeed of pregnancy tips, health news and stories from real parents
- Community forums based on due date, locations, medical conditions and more
7. Who’s Your Daddy (iPhone) — $2.99
This app guides first-time dads through a pregnancy from their perspective. Written by men, the app includes descriptions, daily tips and weekly updates seasoned with humor men can appreciate.
- Weekly timeline with tips and milestones
- Countdown to due date
- Week-by-week and month-by-month tracking of baby’s development
- Baby names
- Contraction counter
- Dad’s to-do lists, including what Mom’s hospital bag should include
Pregnancy apps are a great way to learn about the changes you and your baby are going through during your pregnancy and countdown to baby’s arrival. But remember, your doctor knows you and your growing baby best. Be sure and talk with her about problems or concerns you might have.
Want a quick reference for how big your baby is today? Check out this helpful guide.