What’s your go-to when it’s getting warmer outside and your sweet tooth’s got an appetite but you want to be mindful of sugar? Well, before you reach for it, we suggest you try our frozen yogurt-covered blueberries. Our dietitians are always on the lookout for sweet, healthy and EASY to make snacks – and these blueberries check all the boxes.
With just a pint of blueberries and your favorite yogurt flavor, this snack is a breeze to make, and you can turn the assembly into a family affair. According to one of our dietitians with McConnell Heart Health Center, Emily Monfiletto, “this is a great recipe to make with kids when blueberries are in season.” Don’t like blueberries? Emily recommends changing the berry based on your preference.
- 1 pint of fresh blueberries
- 1 6-ounce container of low-fat, low-sugar vanilla yogurt, such as Siggi’s or Chobani Less Sugar
- Line a baking sheet or plate with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pour yogurt into a large bowl and gently mix in blueberries until coated in yogurt.
- Place the yogurt-covered blueberries in small groups (about 3 per group) on the prepared baking sheet with a spoon.
- Do the same with the remaining blueberries.
- Place the baking sheet with blueberries in the freezer and freeze for 1 hour.
- After berries are frozen, transfer to a re-sealable bag and freeze for later use.
1/2 cup serving, recipes makes about 4 servings total
0g saturated fat
0g trans fat