Curious about what has our dietitians raving? It’s called the Mediterranean yogurt dip, and it is the perfect alternative to your regular lineup of spreads. Packed with flavor, the Mediterranean yogurt dip may be just what you need to jazz up your afternoon veggie snack, and our dietitians agree. “It is great as a topper for chicken and fish, a replacement for mayo in a wrap or sandwich or even on its own with a whole wheat pita,” says Emily Monfiletto, one of our dietitians with McConnell Heart Health Center.
So, next time you’re making a sandwich, whip up a batch of this dip for a little twist. And, because it keeps well in the fridge, you can save some for your lunch the whole week!
Mediterranean Yogurt Dip
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of tahini
- 1/2 cup of pitted Greek olives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place garlic and lemon juice in a food processor. Pulse until garlic is minced.
- Add yogurt, tahini and pitted olives. Puree until smooth. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Transfer to a bowl to serve. Can be stored in refrigerator in an airtight container for later use.
1/8 cup serving
100 calories, 8g fat, 50mg sodium,3g carb, 1g fiber, 4g protein