Not your traditional batter-filled pancake, our recipe takes apple slices, dips them in batter and heats them up on the griddle. If you’re looking for a new way to spice up breakfast, this recipe is sure to do the trick!
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup oat flour (can put oats in blender to make flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 apples (cored and sliced into thin patties)
- Set griddle to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let the milk and vinegar set together for 5 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the oat flour, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Spray the griddle with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pat the apple patty slices dry, dip into batter and put on griddle.
- Repeat with the remainder of the apple patties.
- After 2-3 minutes, flip over and let cook on the other side.
- Serve with a bit of maple syrup to taste.
Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 246.4
- Total Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 48.7mg
- Sodium: 59.9mg
- Potassium: 201.3mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 44.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.5g
- Sugars: 4.6g
- Protein: 8.4g
Looking for more healthy bites? Check out the other recipes on the OhioHealth Wellness Blog!