Not your traditional batter-filled pancake, our recipe takes apple slices, dips them in batter and heats them up on the griddle. If you’re looking for a new way to spice up breakfast, this recipe is sure to do the trick!
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup oat flour (can put oats in blender to make flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 apples (cored and sliced into thin patties)
- Set griddle to 350 degrees.
- Let the milk and vinegar set together for 5 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the oat flour, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Spray the griddle with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pat the apple patty slices dry, dip into batter and put on griddle.
- Repeat with the remainder of the apple patties.
- After 2-3 minutes, flip over and let cook on the other side.
- Serve with a bit of maple syrup to taste.
Amount Per Serving:
- Calories 246.4
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1.3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.7 mg
- Sodium1 59.9 mg
- Potassium 201.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars1 4.6 g
- Protein 8.4 g
Looking for more healthy bites? Check out the other recipes on the OhioHealth Wellness Blog!