Adding an IPA (India Pale Ale) to this hummus recipe adds a touch of zing and hoppy bitterness to this traditional appetizer. The end result is a creamy smooth hummus that’s sure to please.
- 2 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup tahini (Tahini is a condiment made from toasted ground hulled sesame seeds)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Everyday IPA
- Combine all ingredients (except for the beer) in a food processor or blender.
- Slowly pour the beer while mixing and push down the sides until the consistency is reached
- Chill for 3 hours, add salt to taste.
Serving Size: 2 tablespoons