Craving Mexican food but looking for a healthier option? Check out this recipe for Chicken Enchilada Spaghetti Squash Bake!
- ½ – 1 lb cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 small spaghetti squash, cooked
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small can diced mild green chilies (you can get “hot” if you like the heat!)
- 1 ½ cups diced tomatoes, no salt added
- ½ cup corn
- ½ cup black beans (can skip this if you don’t like beans!)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup enchilada sauce of your choosing
- 1 cup low-fat Mexican cheese
- Olive oil
- *Optional toppings: green onion, low-fat sour cream, salsa
- In a small amount of olive oil, sauté minced garlic for a few minutes. Add in diced onion, bell pepper, and spices. Sauté until slightly soft, about 5 minutes.
- Remove veggies from the stove and place them in a large bowl.
- To the bowl with the veggies, add in chilies, tomatoes, corn, and black beans, and give it a good stir!
- Next, add in your cooked spaghetti squash “noodles”, shredded chicken breast, ½ cup cheese, and enchilada sauce and stir until well-combined.
- Spray a 9×13 glass pan with cooking spray. Pour in spaghetti squash mixture and spread it out until even in the pan. Top with remaining ½ cup of cheese.
- Bake in a 400-degree oven for approximately 25-30 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes. Slice it up, top it with optional toppings of your choice, and enjoy!
Looking for more recipes? We’re here to help!