Get outside and get grilling!
It’s grilling season, so why not try something new?
Here’s a recipe for Guinness Barbecue sauce, courtesy of our McConnell Heart Health Center Chef, that’s sure to spice up your grilled meats.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 11.2 oz. Guinness Draught
- 1 1/2 c dark Brown Sugar (can be replaced with 1 1/2 c Splenda brown sugar)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 45 minutes.
- Serve right away or cool and save.