School is back in session, so hectic schedules are the new norm. Between work, drop-offs and pick-ups, and after-school activities, finding time to squeeze in a healthy snack can be a real challenge. But don’t worry, our dietitians are up for it!
They crafted this bite-sized, heart-healthy recipe that will keep you full until dinnertime. Prep it at the start of your week and it’ll be ready to roll for the rest of it, wherever you’re headed. Plus, it’s made with peanut butter and chocolate chips! Um, yum!
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened coconut, toasted and shredded
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup ground brown flax seeds
- 1 cup dry old-fashioned oatmeal cereal
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Cover and chill the mixture in your refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- When firm, roll the mixture into 1-inch balls and serve, or store in an air-tight container.
Serving Size: 1 ball
Makes 20 servings
Total Fat: 8 grams
Saturated Fat: 3.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sugar: 7 grams
Protein: 3 grams
Sodium: 32 milligrams