Looking for a quick, meat-free meal with a Mediterranean kick? Check out our recipe for Vegetarian Gyros!
- 2 (6in) whole wheat pita bread
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 to 8 thin slices tomato
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 4 Morningstar Farms® Mediterranean Chickpea Burgers, thawed
- Open each pita pocket in half and set aside. In a small bowl stir together yogurt, mint, 1 tsp of the oil. Stir in cucumber. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Cut burgers into ½-inch pieces. Set aside.
- In a large, nonstick skillet cook onion and garlic in the remaining 1 tsp oil over medium-high heat about 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in marjoram, rosemary and pepper.
- Add burger pieces and lemon juice. Cook and gently stir over medium-high heat for 2 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
- Place 2 tomato slices in each pita pocket. Spoon burger mixture into pockets.
- Top with feta cheese. Serve with yogurt mixture as dipping sauce.
Makes 4 Servings