If your usual greens have you wanting more, try this hearty roasted squash salad.
- 2 pounds Delicata or butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups baby arugula or mixed greens
- Pomegranate Vinaigrette as needed (recipe follows)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup pomegranate or raspberry vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place a rack into the bottom third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the squash cubes in a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Spread on a baking sheet in one layer without crowding. Roast squash for 20 minutes.
- Gently stir the squash, and roast another 10-15 minutes or until very tender, but not falling apart. Cool until room temperature.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously to emulsify.
- Put the greens into a large salad bowl and toss with the dressing and salt to taste. Only use as much dressing as you need to coat the greens lightly.
- Arrange salad on plates, top with roasted squash. Sprinkle with dried cranberries and pine nuts, and serve.
Makes 6 servings
Total Fat 20.6g
Saturated Fat 2.7g
Learn to eat healthier without giving up flavor. It’s easy with all of our nutritious recipes!