Summer may be coming to an end but that doesn’t mean our taste buds have to hibernate. We’ve got a new recipe up our sleeves that is sure to spice up your lunch and dinner side dishes. And, the best part? You don’t have to sacrifice health for taste!
Our dietitians have recommended the Thai Sweet and Spicy Slaw with Toasted Almonds. Sound yummy? That’s because it is. Serve this salad at your next meal and it’s sure to be a hit!
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic cloves, fresh, crushed
- 1/2 pepper Serrano pepper, fresh
- 2 tablespoons Almonds, toasted, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Thai basil, fresh
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice, fresh
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Granulated sugar
- Seed and finely chop the serrano. Then, finely chop the garlic, almonds and basil.
- Combine serrano, garlic, almonds and basil with lemon juice, salt and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 1/2 cup Green beans
- 1 1/2 cups Carrots, julienned
- 1 3/4 cups Green cabbage, shredded
- 3/4 cup Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cut green beans in 2-inch pieces. Lightly boil the green beans to brighten color; do not overcook, they should still have crunch to them. Let cool to room temperature.
- Combine green beans in bowl with carrots, cabbage, and tomatoes.
- Pour into serving bowl.
- Top with dressing.
Serving Size: 3/4 cup
Makes 6 servings
Total Fat 1g
Saturated Fat 0.1g