Want to prepare a sweet treat for your sweetie? Look no further – we have a simple recipe of heart-healthy dark chocolate and almonds that’s sure to be a hit with your loved ones.
Dark Chocolate Nut Clusters
- 1-2 cups Roasted Unsalted Almonds
- 10 oz Dark Melting Chocolate Wafers (we used Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers)
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Sea Salt
- Parchment Paper
- Place your almonds in a bowl.
- Create a simple double boiler:
- Place a heat safe glass bowl on the top of a saucepan filled about ¼ of the way with water. The bottom of the bowl should not reach the water.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Reduce the water to a simmer and place the glass bowl on top of the saucepan.
- Add your melting wafers and 1 TBSP of coconut oil to help create smooth, shiny chocolate.
- Stir the chocolate/coconut oil mixture frequently under low heat until smooth.
- Pour chocolate over the almonds. Stir to combine.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out the chocolate and nut mixture and place the scoops in piles on your baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can make the clusters whatever size you prefer.
- Top each cluster with a little sprinkle of sea salt.
- Chill the clusters in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to help the chocolate harden.
- Store nut clusters in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
Note: Don’t be afraid to get creative in the kitchen and use different fruits, nuts or some of your favorite fiber-rich cereal to make different chocolate covered treats!