Heading into the New Year can be quite a daunting task. The holidays are over and New Year’s resolutions are here, and you’re probably super excited about your plans to get your health on track. Am I right? Ehh… maybe not so much.
Well, we all know just because we want to be a little healthier, doesn’t mean our sweet tooth goes away – and sometimes that tooth can be demanding. So, how can we satisfy our tooth without giving up those goals? Peanut Butter Coconut Energy Bites! You can whip up these bites quickly for a sweet AND healthy treat. They’re perfect for lunch “dessert” or an afternoon pick-me-up. Plus, you can always get creative and add your own little twist with dried cranberries or blueberries. I’m drooling just thinking about it!
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oatmeal cereal, dry
- 2 1/8 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 3/8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 1/8 teaspoons 100% pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ tablespoons unsweetened coconut, shredded
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Rough chop the chocolate and combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well with a spoon.
- Portion into ¾ ounce pieces and roll into a ball. Repeat until all are formed.
- Place on a plate and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm them up, or serve as they are.
Nutrition per Serving
Serving Size: 2 energy bites
Makes 4 servings
Calories: 260 Calories
Total Fat: 10.6g
Saturated Fat: 2g