Pair this grilled pepper salad with grilled pork tenderloin for a fresh dinner tonight!
- 1 ¼ cups pre-washed quinoa
- 3 yellow or orange bell peppers, quartered
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Prepare grill for cooking.
- Bring 2 ½ cups water to a boil with ½ teaspoon salt (kosher or fine) in a 3-quart saucepan.
- Add quinoa and simmer, covered, until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender, 16 to 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and let quinoa stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Spoon quinoa onto a large rimmed baking sheet, spreading it in a single layer, and let it cool to room temperature.
- While quinoa is cooking, grill bell peppers on a well-oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals until slightly softened, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Cut bell peppers crosswise into thin strips.
- Whisk together yogurt, oil, tahini, soy sauce and cumin in a large bowl.
- Stir in quinoa, bell peppers, cilantro, parsley, scallions and salt and pepper to taste.
Want more great meals? Check out all of our nutritious recipes here!