Pair this grilled-pepper salad with grilled pork tenderloin for a fresh dinner tonight
1 1/4 cups pre-washed quinoa
3 yellow or orange bell peppers, quartered
1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon tahini
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
¼ cup chopped parsley
3 scallions, chopped
1. Prepare grill for cooking.
2. Bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil with 1/2 teaspoon salt (kosher or fine) in a 3-quart saucepan.
3. Add quinoa and simmer, covered, until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender, 16 to 20 minutes.
4. Remove pan from heat and let quinoa stand, covered, 5 minutes.
5. Spoon quinoa onto a large rimmed baking sheet, spreading it in a single layer, and let it cool to room temperature.
6. While quinoa is cooking, grill bell peppers on a well-oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals until slightly softened, about 4 minutes on each side.
7. Cut bell peppers crosswise into thin strips.
8. Whisk together yogurt, oil, tahini, soy sauce and cumin in a large bowl.
9. Stir in quinoa, bell peppers, cilantro, parsley, scallions and salt and pepper to taste.
Want more great meals? Check out all of our nutritious recipes here!