Salads make great side dishes for fish when the temps start getting warmer. Try this cucumber salad with a grilled salmon fillet for a light summer dinner.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 3/4 lb vine-ripened or plum tomatoes, cut into 1/3-inch dice (4 cups)
- 1 lb seedless cucumber (usually plastic-wrapped), cut into 1/3-inch dice (2 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion (preferably sweet onion, such as Vidalia or Walla Walla)
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, cumin, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, and onion and stir to combine.
- Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Sat Fat: 3g