We can’t think of two-things that go together better than Valentine’s Day and chocolate – and our dietitians agree. That’s why we’ve put our heads together and whipped up this super tasty snack to keep you on track during the *official* sweetest day of the year – our Valentine’s Energy Bites.
Packed with antioxidant-rich chia seeds, nutritious flax seeds, delightfully tart cranberries and the sweetness of honey and white chocolate chips, you can enjoy this delicious treat with your family, friends or that special someone while keeping your New Year’s Resolution! And, these are so good, we’re positive you’ll want to make them year-round; our dietitians say they’re also great for after-dinner nibbles or to share at holiday parties.
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup pistachio nuts, shelled and crushed
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- In a food processor or blender, combine the dates, honey, chia seeds, and flax seeds.
- Move mixture into a large bowl, add oats, pistachios, cranberries, and white chocolate chips and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. (Mixture is easier to work with when chilled.)
- Use a cookie scoop to create thirty 1-inch balls and serve. (If the mixture doesn’t stick well, add more honey.)
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Looking for other quick & easy bite-size morsels? Check out another energy bite recipe.